[Openstreetmap-dev] Node / line segment database statistics separation

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Nov 15 15:27:47 GMT 2005

>Is this a gopod time to mention that the stats include deleted nodes and
>segments, not just the currently live ones? The logic being that any
>dead ones can be brought back. I can change this.

I think we should only show on the stats table and graphs the number of live
nodes and lines actually available to the "user". I'm sure it would be
useful to know how many nodes and points can be put back into the map if
required but that's not, I suspect, a lot of interest to end users. I've
deleted a pile of segments simply to allow a new node to be inserted and
two/three new lines drawn to connect it all up again. Not sure I would ever
want to reverse that.

When you GET map data, it only returns live nodes/segments right?

Andy Robinson