[Openstreetmap-dev] OSM's Schema - moving it forwards.

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Mon Nov 28 19:41:25 GMT 2005

Hi,

> I think there is a case for standardising at least some of these keys
> and values, after agreeing on a common scheme. In particular, name and
> class, and also, arguably, accessibility to foot, horse, bike and car
> are fairly fundamental properties.

I don't think so.

> So we could have, in a future version:
> <node name="Red Lion" class="pub"/>
> or
> <segment from="249999" to="250000" name="Smith Road" class="secondary"
> car="yes" foot="yes"/>

It would make parser, the underlying xml schema and changes to the
meaning of the tags more difficult without any noticable advantage to
me. There was already a discussion about this some month ago in the
list.

Please, can you explain WHY you want to have specific tags instead of
the general way of specifying attributes?

Ciao, Imi.