[Openstreetmap-dev] OSM - Schema - Phase 1 - Request for Comment

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Tue Nov 29 15:53:13 GMT 2005

Hi,

> I wanted a structure for the next phase to help the users respond to the
> key/value suggestions

A first start could be a list like

key    value       data primitive  description

name   *           all             The human readable name in english.
color  html-coded  all             The desired color on the map.
class  poi         node            Point of interest at the map.

But I bet you can think of much better ways of organize this, since the
list will surely become huge soon ;).

> And I believe we should try to narrow down some of the common key/value
> pairs as part of the extension of this discussion. Would that help focus
> the code writers, like yourself, on what the users need?

I think the user will automatically organize this as any other wiki does.
Just provide a good interface where people can organize themself and they
will do.

Ciao, Imi.