[Openstreetmap-dev] Nodes considered identical

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Mon Oct 3 13:14:29 BST 2005

At the moment, nothing is done if you create a node in the same place as
another.

I would propose that when creating a new node the server responds with
another node if it's within some epsilon distance. The API would not
have to change at all.

Similarly with creating a line that already exists...

or it could just thrown an error. *shrug*

is this a problem yet?