[Openstreetmap-dev] JOSM Beta available to download

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Wed Oct 5 13:19:52 BST 2005

> * @ 05/10/05 10:50:10 AM immanuel.scholz at gmx.de wrote:
>> with Tiger, but a quick search on the net proved me wrong.
>> http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/java2se50release1.html
>
> The dmg won't mount... tried three times. Bizarre. checksum issue, I
> assume.

I hope you are willing and successful installing Java5 on your machine. If
you succeed, can you please report the steps necessary somewhere under
http://www.eigenheimstrasse.de/wiki/index.php/user:Imi/JOSM/Install_Notes#Compiling

Unfortunatly JOSM does not run under any Java version <1.5. I do not plan
to make it compatible, I am already way too attached to the new Java style
and features provided with Java 1.5.

Also I am not aware of any alternative compiler that understands Java 1.5
syntax. :-(

Ciao, Imi.