[Openstreetmap-dev] GPX server output deprecated?

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Wed Oct 26 00:06:48 BST 2005

* @ 25/10/05 08:18:17 PM immanuel.scholz at gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is the GPX output of the server deprecated and will be shut down as soon
> as a stable other schema is established or will it be updated along with
> another standard as "just give me GPS only data"?
>
> More specific: Is it sane to continue submit bugs within the GPX API?

Ah-ha, have you noticed the 0.2 API? It's what the applet uses now. I
meant to post this, but been busy.

So there is an api in /0.2/ (see the REST page on the wiki to figure out
what this means). It's broadly similar to the XML Schema page and yes,
it even sort of implements key/val. Or, tags as I'm calling them now.

It's not complete. The REST page isn't up to date with it (please feel
free to update). The applet doesn't use it fully.

So, yes, I was planning on deprecating the GPX-based 0.1 API apart from
trackpoints

have fun,