[Openstreetmap-dev] JOSM Beta 2 available
immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Fri Oct 28 16:35:57 BST 2005
I am not very prounce to announce you the second Beta version of JOSM.
That is, because I wanted to release some stable this days.
However, several bad things came together (buh! excuses!) and the osm
server has problems so I couldn't test (lame excuse!) and I run out of
- Add, Edit and Delete nodes, line segments and streets
- Full Key/Value support
- Different Layers of raw GPS - data
- Complete, standard-conform GPX import/export
- Server import of old GPX api 0.1 (maybe shut down soon anyway)
- Export to new 0.2 API (only to file system)
Some features are missing, which are the reason this is not a release,
but only a beta:
- No server import. You can only save your files to disk for later.
- No background images.
- No undo (deleting the edit-layer will not undo!)
So currently you are stick to edit some maps, save the result to disk
and keep it there until server import is implemented.
There will not be any progress with JOSM until end of November, since I
am on holiday somewhere on the other side of the planet. I'll read mails
only until today's evening (about 4 hours from now on).
More information about the dev