[Openstreetmap-dev] Simple GPX server talking to osmeditor

nick at hogweed.org nick at hogweed.org
Sat Sep 10 02:01:39 BST 2005

As a proof of concept prior to hooking osmeditor up to OpenStreetMap, I have
developed a simple GPX server on the Freemap server, which will exchange GPX
data with osm-editor. The way it works is a simple check in/check out system.
A user can "check out" data from the server to edit on osm-editor. While they
are editing, other people can still download data but are unable to edit it
themselves until the original user "checks in" the data again. Thus not a
particularly complex approach but as I said, it's primarily a proof of
concept.

At the moment there's no authentication so access is restricted to my own home
box. However I hope to make it available on the  OSM development server.
Meantime if anyone's interested in playing around with this let me know and
I'll try and set up some test data which can be arbitrarily deleted, played
around with, etc.

Nick