[Openstreetmap-dev] Re: Strange message from appletviewer

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Mon Sep 12 22:45:58 BST 2005

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
  > Ah.  Perhaps the applet should copy the old login dialog code for such
> case?

I'd rather handle log-in through the browser and keep applet size and
dependencies to a minimum, but feel free to insert a pop-up log-in
prompt at the appropriate point in the code - I used to have one but it
confused my browser so I took it out.

> And why does it need to log in to get the streets.  It should
> only have to log in when I want to do the editing.

You should only be using the applet if you want to do the editing! ;)

T.