[Openstreetmap-dev] More on GPX schema

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Thu Sep 22 15:05:48 BST 2005

Replying to both Imi and Frank (sorry,  no quoting, because Lotus notes,
which I'm using at the moment, is useless for quoting :-( ) , one of the
OSM features is that the keys and values should be editable, which would
favour the

<osm key="foot" value="yes"/>

variant. However Frank's point about  a set of predefined fundamental tags
is also valid; the road type and the permissions would appear to fall into
that category.

That said, for consistency (over all keys) maybe we should go with the <osm
key="keyname" value="value"> variant.
Perhaps "keyval" or "properties" rather than "osm"?

Nick