[Openstreetmap-dev] More on GPX schema

Frank Mohr f_mohr at yahoo.de
Fri Sep 23 09:08:53 BST 2005

Immanuel Scholz wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>>my point is just that predefined keys as part of the XML namespace
>>>are easier to handle
>

> Well, I fail to see the difference in complexity writing a parser for

it makes no difference in syntax but in semantics
(easier by doing some semantic checks already in the syntax parser)

to keep Nicks example:
if we define <foot> as a part of the <permissions> namespace,
a <pedestrian> tag would be a syntactical error

if we define just a <permission key/value> tag,
<permission key="foot"> and <permission key="pedestrian"> are both
syntactically correct, but must be checked for semantic errors
in a second parser

frank