[Openstreetmap-dev] Nodes considered identical

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Fri Sep 30 20:46:56 BST 2005

Hi,

when does the server (when importing/exporting GPX) consider two nodes
to be the same node?

1) When they have almost the same lat/lon (delta of ??? is considered
"the same")

2) When they have exactly the same lat/lon

3) When they have almost the same lat/lon and either none of them has an
<ele> tag or both have one and it is almost the same.

4) like 3), but "almost" skipped ;)

5) When they have the same 'xxx' in <extension><property key="id"
value="xxx" /></extension>.

6) like 3), but if one of the nodes has an property "id", both must have
an id and it must be the same, elsewhere the nodes considered different.

Personally, I'd use 6). But I doubt it is implemented ;-).

Ciao, Imi.