[OSM-dev] Using the API from the dev server: is it possible?

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Wed Apr 5 08:58:48 BST 2006

Hi,

> 2. Worse, I get the dreaded Internal Server Error.

Last time I heart complains about the dev server, the rumour spreads, that
there is an issue with mod_ruby and shared memory stuff, what means
something like:

- mod_ruby share some stuff among all instances of ruby
-> so any two different versions of the ruby scripts can conflic

This makes the dev server just unusable for development.

If someone can confirm this behaviour, can he please also updaet
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Using_the_dev_server?

In the meantime, I wrote a HOWTO to setup an offline server at your box,
which does not suffer from this (but requires a linux box with an # at the
end of your prompt).
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Setting_up_a_test_server

Ciao, Imi.