[OSM-dev] GRR!

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Wed Apr 12 11:00:50 BST 2006

On 4/12/06, Ben Gimpert <ben at somethingmodern.com> wrote:
> So for the last week-or-so, I've devoted my OSM lurking time to actually
> writing some code.  (Hence I've been even more remiss on the mailing
> list discussions.)  Steve asked that I update my very stale TIGER import
> code for the new 0.3 REST API, and kick off the import for the whole of
> the US.  'Tis done, and just committed:

You might want to leave a big hefty warning on here that this is about
to happen...

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/WikiProject_United_States

WikiProject_United_States becomes "Operation: tidy up TIGER"?

Steve, you might want to query the database to find out which users
have data that will be affected by this... a polite notice that we're
about to rock their world might ease the pain a little?

Also, Ben - are you going to use tags etc in a way that would allow
people to make pretty maps using Osmarender
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Osmarender) etc.?

Tom.