[OSM-dev] Summer of Code?

Nick Black nickblack1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 23:55:45 BST 2006

Hi all,

I dont really know enough about OSM or Google's position on this, but as a
student I would certainly be interested in applying.  I'm hoping to work on
some aspect of OSM for my Masters final project this summer, but as of yet I
haven't come up with an area to concentrate on.

One area that I have begun investigating is developing a mobile data capture
system using GPS and smart phones to capture OSM data and upload it to the
database in real time.  If anyone has any opinions/ideas on this area I'd be
interested to hear.

For now I'll keep my eyes on the new Wiki page,

Cheers,

Nickb