[OSM-talk] Re: [OSM-dev] planet.osm - fix

Jonas Svensson jonass at lysator.liu.se
Wed Aug 16 07:35:14 BST 2006

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006, Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) wrote:

> > Are your sure the fault is actually in
> > the database
>
> yes

Ok, I tried to fix it last week by editing in the applet but was told to
stay away since there were some software problem in the databaseengine or
such. Is the new version installed yet?

> yes this node is not only gramatically wrong. It is semantically wrong. A
> osm-node is in my point of view the wrong place for a complete Greek
> alphabet. name=... is meant to hold object names like streetnames, places
> names, ...

It's good for test purposes though. But otherwise you are correct.

> For the following I'll just presuming that we will use UTF-8 in all future
> osm-releases.

Yes I think everbody agrees on that. The software is not bugfree yet,
so we need to provide patches.

/Jonas