[Openstreetmap-dev] Returning the whole data instead of the id.

Tommy Persson tpe at ida.liu.se
Wed Feb 1 09:35:01 GMT 2006

> From: "Immanuel Scholz" <immanuel.scholz at gmx.de>
>
> And for the second, you do not need to catch the ID in answer, since you
> already know it or else you could not update the node, right? (And I think
> the server does not return anything on updates anyway...)

I meant that if you would like to change the coordinates for a node
you have to get the information in the node before you save the new
information since it is not possible to change just some properties
with the current API.

> It does matter if you compare the values you stored in your client to the
> values in the server to detect changes that might be made by the user.

How will you handle this?  If the difference is large then interupt
the update?  Or only interupt if the difference is small because if it
is large you will want to override?

/Tommy