[Openstreetmap-dev] Re: [Openstreetmap] more distributed ideas

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 16:41:32 GMT 2006

On 2/3/06, Erik Johansson <erjohan at gmail.com> wrote:

> With textpath support in Firefox(beta), SVG is really an option. You
> already have SVG in firefox 1.5.

We're looking into this seriously... as usual I'm reinventing the
wheel in Processing because I want to understand how it works, but I
will be closely matching the SVG model to allow easy porting of any
code I write.

Are there Ruby already bindings to an SVG library which supports
textpaths?  Does anyone on the list have any experience of writing
interactive SVG apps that run in a browser?

Tom.