[Openstreetmap-dev] SVG and Canvas online editors for OSM

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Thu Feb 16 15:40:46 GMT 2006

Further to my message the other day about the start of work on an SVG
editing interface, I would like to make one or two updates:

The SVG version will always be found at

http://nick.dev.openstreetmap.org/svg/svg.xml

developing a version using the Canvas tag (some might say the equivalent of
a bad-for-you but eco-friendly hamburger..... work it out) in parallel.
This can be found at

http://nick.dev.openstreetmap.org/svg/canvas.html

The functionality on both is very limited at the moment. On the SVG version
you can drag nodes. On the Canvas version you can drag a black dot round
the Canvas.

Work will continue on both in parallel, to evaluate which option (SVG or
Canvas) will give best results performance wise for a full editor.

Priority on both will be as Freemap editing clients, i.e. the ability to
set the type of segments and nodes will take priority over other
considerations.

Nick