[OSM-dev] tiles cut corners

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Mon Feb 27 09:33:53 GMT 2006

Hi,

> For OSM, object creation should be far more common than changes
> and the volume of old versions should be rather small,

Still the old data makes it currently necessary to do several nested
subselects within one statement.

So even onle one old data entry hurt the select statement by a factor that
not depend on the number of old entries but on the number of CURRENT
entries.

> at least until we start to add and edit attributes on a larger scale.

We could save the tags in different tables, seperated from the other data
objects.

Ciao, Imi.