[Openstreetmap-dev] curves

Frank Hebbert frank at hebbert.com
Wed Jan 18 01:09:27 GMT 2006

My experience of street network data in GIS is that it doesn't usually use curves at all. Everything is points and straight lines, or polylines, and although it looks crude at very close zooms the data is always good enough.

I wonder if curves are going to add to the complexity of the applet and also data export, without really giving a lot of benefit in terms of additional data. Wouldn't point and line data be more portable into other formats in the future? Just a thought.

Frank

SteveC, Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 09:50:26PM +0000: