[Openstreetmap-dev] OSM Schema Design

M Josenhans m_josenhans at web.de
Sat Jan 21 23:29:55 GMT 2006

Hi,

I may offer you some help in identification of OMS usage scenarios and
modeling the associated message data exchanged using abstract data.
Target would be to get as solid basis to develop XML encoding schemes or
any other encoding schemes.

It is my current understanding that there is currently only one XML
schema available, which describes the direction from the service to the
client.
While this schema applies to all response messages and does describe
what is currently transfered, I'd like to focus on the long term needs
of OMS in order to get the structure right.

Especially I'd like to separate the discussion on what is transfered
('structure') from the discussion on how it is encoded ('encoding').
Hopefully protocol background will be useful here.

To spend that effort is only useful, if significant changes to the REST
PI are needed in the mid term. I am curios to hear what others think
about that.

Br,
Michael