[Openstreetmap-dev] Re: [Openstreetmap] osmeditor2: ids > 2^32

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Fri Jan 27 20:49:09 GMT 2006

 >Hi,

  i have modified the osmeditor2 to support 2^32 < id
< 2^63
  >by replacing all 'ints' with int64_t
  >and respective atoi() with strtol(,NULL,10).

  OK thanks for that.
  >What i don't understand is what to do with the
  >Components2::hackySetSegIDs and
>Components2::hackySetNodeIDs
  >Nick, can you explain the purpose of
  >these functions ?

(moved to dev)

These are temporary measures, and rather hacky (hence the prefix) - a
  stopgap way of uploading a batch of new nodes and segments at once. Nodes
  get uploaded, the server sends back a load of IDs, these are allocated to
  the nodes, then the segments get uploaded and the server sends back a
  load of segment IDs.

Hopefully soon this responsibility will be transferred to the server -  I
  have written (but not fully tested) a script which accepts a full OSM 0.2
  XML stream from the client, which can include both nodes and segments,
  and then either adds the supplied nodes and segments to OSM, or updates
  them, depending on whether they are new nodes or segments (new nodes and
  segments are indicated with negative IDs).

Nick