[Openstreetmap-dev] Re: OSM Schema Design

Tommy Persson tpe at ida.liu.se
Mon Jan 30 15:33:56 GMT 2006

> > Currently there does not exist an XML Schema in form of a schema file.
> I referred to this schema file on the svn server:
> 	http://www.openstreetmap.org/svn/schema/osm.xsd
>
> I guess above osn.xsd schema had been validated against the XML examples
> you are referring below as 'verbal XML schema'.
>
> Sadly this schema format is hardly readable for humans·.. :-)

What is the status of this schema.  It says:

   Make the uids unique. This declares that the "uid" attribute of the
   node, segment, track, area and property elements are all in the
   same "ID space" and have to be unique. It also allows us to
   reference them below.

Is this the goal?  As I understood the current implementation this is
not the case.  So can i assume that it will be the case in future
implementations?

/Tommy