[OSM-dev] REST API encoding

Thomas Walraet thomas at walraet.com
Tue Jul 11 09:28:50 BST 2006

Immanuel Scholz a écrit :

> I just created a way next to the broken one named "tést" and it worked
> only until the applet got reloaded. This suggests, that the API is broken,
> not the clients ;-).

Or it's the clients, but in the way they _read_ the API responses.

I think something change on the server side because it was working in
JOSM a few day ago...
The applet was patched a few day ago so a bug could be introduced, but
for JOSM I'm pretty sure I saw it works with the same jar file I used now.

But if the bug is server-side, I can't understand why it work for
segment and not for way. When I made request with a navigator and the
encoding looks the same in both case.
(I didn't look HTTP headers, maybe the difference is there)

> Do you add a ticket?

There's already two tickets :

- Make sure unicode works in the applet
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/28

- Make sure unicode works in the api and dbase
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/29