[OSM-dev] osm on rails

Tommy Persson tpe at ida.liu.se
Thu Jul 20 11:45:02 BST 2006

"Immanuel Scholz" <immanuel.scholz at gmx.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> > I've been doing a fair amount of rails stuff lately and it looks like
> > moving OSM to rails would solve many problems. And it'd be done quite
> > quickly.
> > Any thoughts?
>
> Great idea man! The current dao.rb looks like it should be automated by
> rails or similar ;-)

I started reading about Ruby and my next step would be reading about
Rails since I thought the server was using it :-)

> PS: I still need the updated mysql-schema.sql file in SVN, even with rails!

Me too.  And if the command to update the schema is non-trivial a
pointer to a page describing how to do it would be nice (for exemple
on the setting up of server page).

--
/Tommy Persson