[OSM-dev] osm on rails

Nigel Magnay nigel.magnay at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 12:02:49 BST 2006

Provided the API is sufficiently specified, there could be multiple
server implementations.

The config-fiddling there looks a bit tiresome if someone just wants
to 'play' with a local dataset. I did a quick hacked java server
(because my work box has no ruby); we could supply a runnable OSM
server that could require 0 configuration (by using hsqldb for
example) - just unzip & go. I've started, but have had no time over
the last week or so to progress it.

Key to me seems to make sure the important touch points (API,
database) are described. When I looked I couldn't (for example) figure
out what "current_nodes" was.