[OSM-dev] Succeeded in setting up a testserver

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Sat Jul 22 15:12:34 BST 2006

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 22.07.2006, 15:15 +0200 schrieb Tommy Persson:
> Immanuel Scholz <immanuel.scholz at gmx.de> writes:
>
> I found the problem with non-working testservers.  In
>
>   http://trac.openstreetmap.org/browser/support/www.openstreetmap.org/openstreetmap-apache-conf

uploaded.

> So can somebody explain how people have been able to run
...[complains about test environment setup...]
> So I really did not look for simple errors like this.

Yea.. Environment setup is not as easy as "configure && make && make
install" otherwhere.. :-(
But it can get worse: I've worked for companies where one day per
programmer *every new build* was calculated.. ;)

I started the wiki page and the config-file because I found it
unbearable difficult to setup an environment. And I think it already
improved a lot since some month ago.

If you want to improve the setup process more, I am last to stop you ;)
Hopefully, Ruby On Rails will bring new improvements. In the meantime,
if you want to try setup ruby's webrick as webserver instead of apache
to get the server code debuggable, I am your man :)

Ciao, Imi.