[OSM-dev] running JOSM - error

Nick Black nickblack1 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 17:22:08 BST 2006

Hi,

I've started getting errors when trying to run JOSM (both latest
release and latest stable) under Ubuntu.  As Imi's wiki is down at the
moment, I cant check the manual.

The error is as follows:

nick at nick:~/Desktop$ java -jar josm-latest.jar

org.openstreetmap.josm.gui.MainApplication
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(libgcj.so.7)
   at java.lang.Class.forName(libgcj.so.7)
   at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run(libgcj.so.7)
java.lang.Thread$UncaughtExceptionHandler not found in
gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader{urls=[file:josm-latest.jar],
parent=gnu.gcj.runtime.ExtensionClassLoader{urls=[], parent=null}}
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(libgcj.so.7)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(libgcj.so.7)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(libgcj.so.7)
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(libgcj.so.7)
   ...2 more

My java version is:

java version "1.4.2"
gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.1.0 (Ubuntu 4.1.0-1ubuntu8)

I guess I need to modify the classpath? Any tips anybody?

Thanks,

Nick