[OSM-dev] JOSM and Java1.4

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Tue Jul 25 00:09:03 BST 2006

Hi again,

I runned retroweaver over the source and this would be left to do:

org.openstreetmap.josm.data.Preferences: unknown method parseBoolean/(Ljava.lang.String;)Z, Method not found in java.lang.Boolean
org.openstreetmap.josm.data.osm.Way: unknown method toString/([Ljava.lang.Object;)Ljava.lang.String;, Method not found in java.util.Arrays
org.openstreetmap.josm.data.projection.Mercator: unknown method sinh/(D)D, Method not found in java.lang.Math
org.openstreetmap.josm.gui.BookmarkList: unknown method parseBoolean/(Ljava.lang.String;)Z, Method not found in java.lang.Boolean
org.openstreetmap.josm.gui.ConflictResolver: unknown method toString/([Ljava.lang.Object;)Ljava.lang.String;, Method not found in java.util.Arrays
org.openstreetmap.josm.gui.MainApplication: unknown class java.lang.Thread$UncaughtExceptionHandler
org.openstreetmap.josm.gui.MainApplication: unknown method setDefaultUncaughtExceptionHandler/(Ljava.lang.Thread$UncaughtExceptionHandler;)V, Method not found in java.lang.Thread
org.openstreetmap.josm.gui.MapMover$ZoomerAction: unknown method getMousePosition/()Ljava.awt.Point;, Method not found in org.openstreetmap.josm.gui.NavigatableComponent
org.openstreetmap.josm.gui.layer.GeoImageLayer: unknown method getMousePosition/()Ljava.awt.Point;, Method not found in org.openstreetmap.josm.gui.MapView
org.openstreetmap.josm.io.OsmConnection: unknown method setConnectTimeout/(I)V, Method not found in java.net.HttpURLConnection
org.openstreetmap.josm.io.OsmConnection: unknown method setReadTimeout/(I)V, Method not found in java.net.HttpURLConnection
org.openstreetmap.josm.io.OsmServerReader: unknown method setConnectTimeout/(I)V, Method not found in java.net.HttpURLConnection
org.openstreetmap.josm.io.OsmServerWriter: unknown method setConnectTimeout/(I)V, Method not found in java.net.HttpURLConnection
org.openstreetmap.josm.tools.BugReportExceptionHandler: unknown class java.lang.Thread$UncaughtExceptionHandler
org.openstreetmap.josm.tools.BugReportExceptionHandler: unknown class java.lang.Thread$UncaughtExceptionHandler
org.xml.sax.SAXException: unknown field message/Ljava.lang.String;, Field not found in org.xml.sax.SAXException
org.xml.sax.SAXException: unknown field message/Ljava.lang.String;, Field not found in org.xml.sax.SAXException
org.xml.sax.SAXException: unknown field message/Ljava.lang.String;, Field not found in org.xml.sax.SAXException
org.xml.sax.SAXException: unknown field message/Ljava.lang.String;, Field not found in org.xml.sax.SAXException
org.xml.sax.SAXException: unknown field message/Ljava.lang.String;, Field not found in org.xml.sax.SAXException

SAXException, toString on Arrays or parseBoolean is not a problem. The
missing Uncaught* means, 1.4 would not support automatic exception
feedback, which is not THE killer, but the set*Timeout and especally
getMousePosition hurt loosing.

Do anyone happen to know a replacement for them? Then I could make up a
1.4 version of JOSM. If not, I will think a bit how to get rid of this..
maybe I can deliver a 1.4 sometime soon..

Ciao, Imi.