[OSM-dev] When to expect the first ruby on rails? (was: new server feature requires apache conf update)

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Wed Jul 26 08:47:31 BST 2006

Hi,

> RewriteRule   ^/api/0.3/segments$      /ruby/api/0.3/segments.rb
> [PT,T=text/plain]

Well, I would have enhanced the segment.rb to accept an array or an single
id, so users can do /api/0.3/segment/1,2,3,4 but at least your way is
similar to node and "multi" ;-)

> On a related note, I'm currently trying to document the db tables at
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Database_schema
> but I'm fairly new to OSM development and may have repeatedly missed
> the point... all edits welcome.

I think Steve is on its way to replace the current server code with a ruby
on rails implementation, which would also have an other database scheme,
making your effort obsolete. :-?

On the other hand: If the rails stuff takes a bit before it is ripe for
decision....

I didn't see any rails stuff in subversion yet. When can we expect the
first Ruby on Rails Alpha in Subversion? Can I help coding?

Ciao, Imi