[OSM-dev] planet parsers?

Wed Jul 26 22:55:13 BST 2006

Nick Burch wrote:

> I've just ended up writing one in perl. It supports tags, and
> references to missing nodes and segments. Only postgres support for
> now, but it should be easy to just drop in the code for other
> databases (I designed it with that in mind). Run it with -schema to
> spit out a schema.

I've added MySQL support ($dbtype='mysql'). If you select this, it will
load the data in accordance with the standard OSM database schema, so
you can use it for setting up a test server. Hopefully.

You can also run it with -empty to clear the tables ready for uploading
a new planet.

Now in svn.

cheers
Richard