[OSM-dev] GPX Parser?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Sun Jun 4 14:21:03 BST 2006

On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 10:36:33AM +0200, Joerg Ostertag wrote:
> On Sunday 04 June 2006 10:16, Joerg Ostertag wrote:
> > I wrote a filter one:
> >  Input:  kismet,osm or gpx
> >  Filters:
> >          area
> >          split track if speed/distance/time is too high
> >  Output: gpx or .osm
> >
> > It's still apha, but I'll send it to you personally.
> > It'll show up in svn some time later.
>
> For now I added it to svn, but be warned it's really alpha:
>  script/perl/kismet2osm.pl

Wow. That's a lot more complexity than I bothered with... I'm not sure
that you really need all of that in there. (See
http://crschmidt.net/projects/openstreetmap/kismet2gpx.py ). I think
that although what you're writing is good, it's not something that you
neccessarily need to have in order to do a simple conversion... and the
.py script doesn't require you to install anything additional, or drop
to CPAN :)

Still, I'll admit that if you're in an area where you can get bad
multipath errors, that the filter one would probably be better. The
person who asked for it seemed to think that the script I wrote would
work for him, so I'll keep an eye out and see if he gets lots of stuff
like that.

--
Christopher Schmidt
Web Developer