[OSM-dev] Re: OpenLayers, GeoRSS and annotations demo

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Wed Jun 14 15:15:43 BST 2006

Oops forgot to say..

- it doesn't yet work in IE, I've only tested it in Firefox 1.0 and 1.5;
- there are some odd quirks. Not sure whether these are openlayers issues
or bugs in my code. For example, the map rendering after the search (which
uses brainoff.com/geocoder)  is very, very slow for places distant from
the default e.g. Sutton Coldfield, but fast for places relatively nearby
e.g. Winchester. Also the contours don't appear until you drag the map.
I'll need to check these out on the openlayers list.

Nick