[OSM-dev] Least squares to trace curved GPS data as segments

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Mon Jun 19 07:28:36 BST 2006

Stefan de Konink wrote:

> This is correct ofcourse, but I hope you agree that for the
> editor it is *way* faster to track an curve and the system
> interpolates nodes (if you wish). But my data save point still
> stands.

One way is to use curves in the user interface, and then to send
interpolated straight line segments to the server.  You could try
this approach in your favorite editor client without modifying the
server.

If you want to modify the server, you should probably ask Steve
for a developer account.  But I think modifying the REST API
involves a lot of changes in all clients, so you should probably
introduce some more important changes at the same time.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)