[OSM-dev] API 0.3 - Map call - Summary

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Mar 14 13:17:35 GMT 2006

In summary following my earlier postings:

1. In JOSM, when a Way is selected only a single Way is displayed in the
"Current Selection" area window, even when there is more than one Way
covering the same set of nodes and segments. Using a "select objects" box
(drag a box over the area) will display both the visible and invisible Ways.
This needs addressing as it's very easily to accidentally create a second
Way when the same segments are still selected. It's not possible to create a
duplicate line segment, but it is currently possible to create a duplicate
Way.

2. Creation and deletion of Ways appears to work fine in JOSM. However I did
get an error when expanding the bbox and getting the new data for the
expanded box (bug submitted).

3. On reviewing the API GET response for the MAP, I find that the timestamp
lines remain for deleted Ways. eg:

<way id="39" timestamp="2006-03-14 12:01:35"/>
  <way id="40" timestamp="2006-03-14 12:01:35"/>
  <way id="41" timestamp="2006-03-14 10:25:44">
    <seg id="156829"/>
    <seg id="156854"/>
    <tag k="postal_code" v="B72"/>
    <tag k="created_by" v="JOSM"/>
    <tag k="id" v="AJR000004"/>
    <tag k="name" v="Rowan Road"/>
    <tag k="construction" v="paved"/>
    <tag k="type" v="highway"/>
  </way>

Where Way id's 39 and 40 have been deleted. Is this a feature? If not
required should be removed to reduce unnecessary overhead?

Andy

Andy Robinson
Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk