[OSM-dev] weenie images

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Mar 21 11:40:34 GMT 2006

Steve,

Did you try at any point just plotting the weenie images as points rather
than lines? The reason I ask is that I have found that due to logging jumps
in the same log file from my Acer that if the points are joined logically in
order from the single log then long extraneous lines from the end point of
one logging session to the start of the next occur. On the Garmin it's
clever enough to place a new "active log" break in the file. On the Acer
though it's just spewing out NMEA sentences so there is no way of
identifying the start and stop point unless you physically close the file
each time and start a new one.

This is not your problem of course and perhaps I should do more to clean up
my Acer logs, but thought that simply plotting points rather than lines
might be sufficient for many as the density at such a small scale would look
like lines anyway.

A further point covers point duplication. Again, on my Acer I find I get
point duplication for the same timestamp as the logging software produces
two sentence data streams. Are you still importing all points or are you
screening in the import code for duplicates? Again, I need to clean my logs
more, but time is always of the essence so if it was being done on the
server anyway it would be less of an issue.

cheers,

Andy

Andy Robinson
Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk