[OSM-dev] Not-so-useless facts about OSM data...

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 12:44:05 BST 2006

On 3/29/06, Immanuel Scholz <immanuel.scholz at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > If you are doing it in a new way, different from the image tiling of the
> > applet and slippy map, then I have one tip. Keep the api tiles on easy to
> > use boundaries, e.g. 18.00,59.30,18.09,59.33, because if you do it's going
> > to be easier to store and purge in Squid.
>
> That would mean, that the tiles are in a different height each, which make
> coding more difficult.

Yes you are right and they probably should be "square", those values
are from mercator tiles. There is more to think about e.g. a node that
exists in two tiles because of temporal diffs. It takes 18s to fetch a
tile so....

--
/Erik Seriously thinking of going to Debconf 6 this year, just €700
for a week in Mexiko all included..