Fw: [OSM-dev] Map rendering code... API or database direct?

Thu Mar 30 17:00:19 BST 2006

Nick wrote:

> The starred line AB satisfies the condition:
> (xmin<$bbox_xmin AND xmax>$bbox_xmax) AND (ymin<$bbox_ymin AND
> ymax>$bbox_ymax)
> yet never passes through the bounding box.

Yes, you'll get a few false positives... but better this than missing
lines. As
with all such things, it's a trade-off - I suspect that if you were to refine
the algorithm to ensure 100% accuracy, the calculation overhead would
shoot up.

cheers
Richard