[OSM-dev] Re: [OSM-talk] Questions from a newbie on editing

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Fri May 12 10:50:17 BST 2006

SteveC wrote:

>* @ 12/05/06 10:35:09 AM steve at asklater.com wrote:
>

>>* @ 12/05/06 10:10:48 AM tom at tom-carden.co.uk wrote:
>>

>>>Are there show-stopping bugs in the applet that are stopping people
>>>using it, or is it just the performance issues that bother people?
>>>

>>zoom buttons instead of [ and ] and bigger / nicer icons is a biggie
>>

>Oh and the random crashes with uncaught conncurrent modification
>exceptions

Meh.  That's because people insist on using iterators in the loop whilst
writing into the collections in another thread.

Thing is, the drawing code shouldn't give a crap if the collection
changes mid loop.  That's why I originally used to use a for loop.
Should have put a comment to that effect I suppose!

So, I think that changing the draw code to use for loops instead of
iterators will be safe, so long as *after* any insertions, the inserting
thread requests a redraw.

Best,

Tom.