[OSM-dev] Re: [RFC] Beautify scale bar

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Sun May 14 15:22:35 BST 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-14 16:10:33 +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw at lug-owl.de> wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-05-14 14:53:55 +0100, SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:
> > exceptions which make it immpossible to delete segments and I only have
> > the one VM here so I havn't deployed any of this until I or someone else
> > can verify it on other VMs.
> >
> > Click to delete an object
> > org.openstreetmap.processing.DeleteMode at b22d99ready:trueClick to delete
> > an object
> > Click to delete an object
> > Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
> >         at org.openstreetmap.util.Line.distance(Line.java:101)
> >         at org.openstreetmap.util.Line.mouseOver(Line.java:121)
> >         at org.openstreetmap.processing.DeleteMode.mouseReleased(DeleteMode.java:40)
>
> Seems DeleteMode.mouseReleased() goes through all applet.lines[] and
> at least one of these doesn't have the  `from'  or  `to'  Node set.
>
> I'd put some stack dumping into Line(from, to, id) to catch the bad
> setter.  ...or alternatively, just throw an exception if  `from'  and
> `to'  aren't both set.

With my environment:

jbglaw at d2:~/vax-linux/scm/cvs-repos/osm/svn.openstreetmap.org/java$
$JAVA -version
java version "1.5.0_06"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_06-b05, mixed mode, sharing)

this doesn't happen. Sticking some printf()^W^WSystem.out.println()
down there reveals exactly one Line with null'ish `to' and `from'
nodes.

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw at lug-owl.de    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O