[OSM-dev] Re: [RFC] Beautify scale bar

Robert Scott lists at riscott.ukfsn.org
Mon May 15 01:17:44 BST 2006

On Sunday 14 May 2006 14:53, SteveC wrote:
> Ok, applied. Also doubled the default segment width... I'm getting
> exceptions which make it immpossible to delete segments and I only have
> the one VM here so I havn't deployed any of this until I or someone else
> can verify it on other VMs.

I'm personally not a fan of the new podgy roads. I don't think it encourages
detail because it makes deviations much less obvious. Certainly for final
display, wider roads are good, but when putting data in, doing things like
trying to approximate curves, you want it to be clear where things are going
off.

robert.