[OSM-dev] Re: osmeditor2 to Java, and a common Java OSM client library (was:Re: [OSM-talk] Java and freedom)

Thu May 25 22:53:28 BST 2006

Nick W wrote (quoting Tom):

>> Oh, and I think that putting SVG output online so that people can see
>> the fruit of their efforts will make the biggest contribution to OSM
>> in the near future.
>
> How does working on the renderer fit in here? :-) Think that's possibly
> amongst the most important of all the required tasks, hence my
> prioritisation on it ATM.

I was going to respond to Tom's original e-mail suggesting

s/SVG/nicely formatted, attractive, usable/

and didn't. But since you mention it, I reckon that your work making
the renderer generate more "map-like" output is needed for exactly the
same reason, and to exactly the same extent, as Tom's SVG suggestion.

Richard