[OSM-dev] Re: osmeditor2 to Java, and a common Java OSM client library (was:Re: [OSM-talk] Java and freedom)

Fri May 26 13:06:20 BST 2006

Tom wrote:

> But I don't think it's the same as getting good SVG output (or PS, or
> PDF, or something). We need a simple way to export things - you can't
> save the current view from the tiles interface, and heaven knows what
> it looks like if you print it.

As a passing thought, would it be possible to abstract the map
generation from the file format to such an extent that this putative
code could output in both SVG and PDF? Ruby has good PDF libraries.

Richard