[OSM-dev] Re: [OSM-talk] dojo-style AJAX widget for OSM?

nick at hogweed.org nick at hogweed.org
Wed May 31 00:49:04 BST 2006

On Monday 29 May 2006 13:28, Tom Carden wrote:
> On 29/05/06, Frank O'Dwyer <fod at opencycleroute.org> wrote:
> > The latest version of the Dojo toolkit has AJAX widgets that interface
> > nicely with google and yahoo maps. How hard would it be to get OSM
> > interfacing to the same API?
>
> It's pretty easy to embed an OSM slippy map into any page, but adding
> data on top doesn't work with the current tile code (though I've not
> looked closely at Nick's fixes yet). I couldn't get map pins
> consistently placed - it because we're using a hacky mercator
> projection ontop of the civicmaps engine and it wasn't really set up
> to do  that.

(moved to dev)

Tom (and all),

After the planet.osm stuff I've alluded to in another thread, my next focus of
interest will be on the JavaScript side, implementing functionality which
will allow walkers in Freemap to annotate underlying OSM maps with path
blockages, mad cows etc; this will obviously converge quite strongly with
some of the JS ideas being discussed here. Any thoughts on the way forward I
should take maybe incorporating Mapstraction?

Nick