[OSM-dev] Projection Issues

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Wed May 31 20:10:56 BST 2006

On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 07:53:40PM +0100, Nick Whitelegg wrote:
> >Yep. The mapfile is just a configuration file, but OL will talk to any
> >WMS.
>
> >The problem I was having with the new renderer is a 'zoom' parameter,
> >which I wasn't sure what effect it had :) But it does seem that the new
> >dev renderer works fine in OL:
>
> >http://crschmidt.net/projects/openstreetmap/devrender
>
> Looks good... will investigate this openlayers api further to see if it
> will do stuff like pushpins, etc, which I would like to do for both
> Freemap (free-map.org.uk) and OSM as a whole.

One thing I forgot to mention:

Hold down shift, and drag a box, to zoom to that area. This is actually
my favorite feature in the whole OpenLayers experience -- it lets me
zoom to the UK in one click, and to london in 2. Makes a huge difference
in my browsing experience.

--
Christopher Schmidt
Web Developer