[OSM-dev] [OT] installing CPAN modules

Dominic Hargreaves dom at earth.li
Thu Nov 9 09:49:09 GMT 2006

On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 09:45:35AM +0000, Nick Whitelegg wrote:

> OK I'll try that. But the planet-excerpt.osm script needs some other stuff
> like HTTP::Request too (why exactly, I'm not sure) so it may just be
> easier to ask Nick H to just do an apt-get after all....

Yes, I'd highly recommend this. CPAN.pm is not pretty, and best avoided
if at all possible. If you do have to use it, make sure you configure it
to install into /usr/local (or your homedir) because it will quite
happily blat all over your package-manager-controlled /usr/share /
/usr/lib directories given half a chance.

Dominic.