[OSM-dev] [OT] installing CPAN modules on dev

matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk
Thu Nov 9 17:42:34 GMT 2006

On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 05:35:22PM +0000, Nick Hill wrote:
> Also, individual perl modules aren't in the standard Debian repositories. I
> believe there is a bundle of 'standard' modules which is installed.

There are lots of individual perl modules in the Debian repositories. They
generally seem to have the name libmodule-name-perl. For example, my postscript
drawing module, PostScript::Simple, made its way in as
"libpostscript-simple-perl".

The CPAN shell seems to work fairly well with Debian, though, properly
installing modules in /usr/local rather than /usr.

--
Matthew
[ interrupting the thread mid-flow, and probably getting context completely