[OSM-dev] [OT] installing CPAN modules on dev

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Fri Nov 10 07:18:31 GMT 2006

On Thursday 09 November 2006 20:33, matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 05:54:32PM +0000, Nick Hill wrote:
> > As a user, you can run dselect to find out current installed and
> > available packages, and versions.
>
> Eek... dselect!
>
> These days I wouldn't touch it, aptitude is (generally*) the way to go.
>
> Alternatively, there are all the
>
>   apt-cache policy <package>  -- shows package available versions
>   apt-cache show <package>    -- shows package details
>   dpkg -l <package_glob>      -- show package versions
>
> Particularly
>
>   dpkg -l 'lib*-perl' | grep ^ii

To set a maximum package List I just did this on my machine, where the
osm stuff is working. So if anyone needs a module, he can have a look into
this list and tell Nick the package name.

dpkg -l 'lib*-perl' | grep ^ii
ii  libapt-pkg-perl               0.1.20         Perl interface to libapt-pkg
ii  libarchive-tar-perl           1.30-1         Archive::Tar - manipulate tar files in perl
ii  libarchive-zip-perl           1.16-1         Module for manipulation of ZIP archives
ii  libauthen-captcha-perl        1.023-2        Extension for creating captcha's to verify t
ii  libbit-vector-perl            6.4-5          Perl and C library for bit vectors and more
ii  libcairo-perl                 1.01-1         Perl interface to the Cairo graphics library
ii  libcarp-clan-perl             5.3-4          Perl enhancement to Carp error logging facil
ii  libcompress-zlib-perl         1.42-1         Perl module for creation and manipulation of
ii  libconfig-inifiles-perl       2.39-2         Read .ini-style configuration files
ii  libdate-manip-perl            5.44-3         a perl library for manipulating dates
ii  libdbd-mysql-perl             3.0007-1       A Perl5 database interface to the MySQL data
ii  libdbd-pg-perl                1.49-1         a PostgreSQL interface for Perl 5 using DBI
ii  libdbi-perl                   1.52-1         Perl5 database interface by Tim Bunce
ii  libdevel-symdump-perl         2.03-3         Perl module for inspecting perl's symbol tab
ii  libdigest-sha1-perl           2.11-1         NIST SHA-1 message digest algorithm
ii  libfile-find-rule-perl        0.30-1         Alternative interface to File::Find
ii  libfile-slurp-perl            9999.09-1      single call read & write file routines
ii  libgd-gd2-noxpm-perl          2.30-1         Perl module wrapper for libgd - gd2 variant
ii  libglib-perl                  1.140-1        Perl interface to the GLib and GObject libra
ii  libgnome2-canvas-perl         1.002-1+b1     Perl interface to the GNOME canvas library
ii  libgnome2-perl                1.040-1        Perl interface to the GNOME libraries
ii  libgnome2-vfs-perl            1.060-1        Perl interface to the 2.x series of the GNOM
ii  libgtk2-perl                  1.140-1        Perl interface to the 2.x series of the Gimp
ii  libhtml-parser-perl           3.55-1         A collection of modules that parse HTML text
ii  libhtml-tagset-perl           3.10-2         Data tables pertaining to HTML
ii  libhtml-tree-perl             3.19.01-2      represent and create HTML syntax trees
ii  libio-zlib-perl               1.04-1         IO:: style interface to Compress::Zlib
ii  liblocale-gettext-perl        1.05-1         Using libc functions for internationalizatio
ii  libmail-sendmail-perl         0.79-4         Send email from a perl script
ii  libnet-daemon-perl            0.38-1.1       Perl module for building portable Perl daemo
ii  libnumber-compare-perl        0.01-4         Perform numeric comparisons in Perl
ii  libplrpc-perl                 0.2017-1.1     Perl extensions for writing PlRPC servers an
ii  libsocket6-perl               0.19-1         Perl extensions for IPv6
ii  libtext-charwidth-perl        0.04-4         get display widths of characters on the term
ii  libtext-glob-perl             0.07-1         Match globbing patterns against text
ii  libtext-iconv-perl            1.4-3          converts between character sets in Perl
ii  libtext-query-perl            0.07-4         Text::Query - Query processing framework
ii  libtext-wrapi18n-perl         0.06-5         internationalized substitute of Text::Wrap
ii  libtimedate-perl              1.1600-5       Time and date functions for Perl
ii  liburi-perl                   1.35-2         Manipulates and accesses URI strings
ii  libwww-mechanize-perl         1.18-1         Automate interaction with websites
ii  libwww-perl                   5.805-1        WWW client/server library for Perl (aka LWP)
ii  libxml-parser-perl            2.34-4.2       Perl module for parsing XML files