[OSM-dev] ...more OSM coming soon

Nick Black nickblack1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 11:25:05 GMT 2006

I'm putting together some documentation.  Check:

svn.openstreetmap.org/utils/mapnik

1) Import planet into PostGIS or use one of the filters to select your
area and import

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Scripts

2) Install Mapnik:

http://mapnik.org/download/

3) Get utils/mapnik from the OSM svn tree.  This contains an xml rules
file that should be ready to go.  You will need to get hold of the png
from NickW's & Artem's /home/ on dev.

4) Configure the python script with db details, tile levels and a
bounding box and run it.

5) Upload the output to dev.

Bug this list or the Mapnik dev list for more info.

Nick